Saturday, October 22, 2016

Unit 3 Reflection

This unit was about cells. Specifically, it was about the different types of cells, and their purposes and functions. A few themes and essential understandings were the cell theory, the types of cells (prokaryotes, eukaryotes, autotrophs, and heterotrophs), the organelles of eukaryotic cells, osmosis, cell history, the endosymbiotic theory, photosynthesis, and cellular respiration.


This unit went by rather well. Although some topics, like photosynthesis and cellular respiration, were a bit hard to understand the first time through, they began to make more sense after re-reading notes. Another topic I found confusing at first was the tonicity of solutions, but I understood that after re-watching the vodcast discussing tonicity. Some of my strengths during this unit were organelle functions and osmosis, as I found both logical and easy to understand.


From these experiences, I learned about the cells that make up all living things. I learned how the cells in our bodies maintain balance, how plants grow, and what happens when we exercise. I also learned that drawing diagrams is a good way to study, and that color-coding your notes helps if you are a visual learner.

I want to learn more about how the three steps of cellular respiration happen. I am also curious about the workings of chlorophyll. I wonder how plants know to do photosynthesis, and how animals know how to do cellular respiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment